Opening a Bank Account
In order to open a bank account in Cyprus, the following documents may be required:
- Copy of identity card or passport or other official document issued by the relevant Cypriot authorities
- Proof of residence (this may be a recent utility bill of at least 6 months or a rental contract) or other official document issued by the relevant Cypriot authorities.
- "Alien Registration Card "- ARC or other equivalent document, valid for third country nationals (outside the EU).
- Refugee travel document issued by the Civil Registry and Migration Department
- Α valid identity card or passport (or copies thereof) or any other document issued by your country of origin, that may be useful for your identification.
For more information on opening a bank account or other banking issues, you can visit the website of the Central Bank of Cyprus, and you may then contact or visit branches of the Banks of your choice to acquire information opening accounts, receiving loans, etc.
A list of investment and ancillary services offered by each bank is available here.
SUBSIDIARIES OF FOREIGN CREDIT INSTITUTIONS
Subsidiaries of Foreign Credit Institutions from EU Member States
Subsidiaries of Foreign Credit Institutions from non-EU Member States
BRANCHES OF FOREIGN CREDIT INSTITUTIONS